© 2007 and licensed under a Creative Commons License
Students must be rising high school sophomores, juniors, or seniors in order to apply. Applicants should be successfully pursuing a rigorous high school curriculum as demonstrated by their transcripts.
Interested students are encouraged to apply *as soon as possible*, as we are processing applications on a rolling basis.
As of May 15th, it's not too late to apply! We have a few openings and are still accepting applications. Email UFYoungEntrepreneurs@gmail.com if you plan to apply so we can expedite your materials.
A complete application consists of:
1. Application Form - available in pdf format here
2. Resume of student involvement in activities and awards & honors
3. Essay (see the Application Form linked above for the Essay topic)
4. Current Official School Transcript with cumulative GPA
5. 2 Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a teacher) - cover forms are available in pdf format here
6. $50 Check made payable to the University of Florida, note "Young Entrepreneurs" in the memo area
The resume and essay should be typed on 8 1/2" x 11" paper and applicant's name and date of birth must appear on the upper right-hand corner of each page. We prefer that you submit all materials together in one packet with letters of recommendation placed in sign-sealed envelopes, however it is also acceptable for letters of recommendation to be mailed separately.
Submit all Young Entrepreneurs for Leadership & Change materials to:
Young Entrepreneurs for Leadership & Change Summer Program
UF Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
PO Box 117168, 255 Stuzin Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-7168
Phone: (352) 273-0330
We do have a limited number of scholarships available for students based on merit and need. If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact Dr. Joos (below) to request a scholarship application.
Please direct all questions and inquires to:
Dr. Kristin Joos